Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kaleb's 1st day of the rest of his life....

Kaleb, or KK, as we like to call him, is my baby. Well, he is 5 1/2years old. This is him on his first day of kindergarten. He is full of personality (like his mom :) )! I've got to say, I was nervous about this guy heading into the public school system. Not because I was worried about him...no, simply because I was worried about the public school system! On Kaleb's first day of preschool, two years before, he had a note sent home with him from his teacher, it read: "Today was my first day of school. I did break my crayons, rip my book, hit my friend and throw my stool but I promised Miss West I would be better next time. I gave him an extra year at home before we tried again at the "school thing."
Nevertheless, he has done incredibly well this year. Like his brother, Hayden, he - much to my frustration - is already noticing girls. He likes to come home bragging he has a new girlfriend. When I ask him, what is her name? He says, he doesn't know but she is cute, so she is his girlfriend. He changes girlfriends on a daily basis. He acts so grown up somedays. The other day, he called one of his friends, he hadn't seen in a while...he said, to his friend, "Hey, Micheal, it is your ol' buddy, Kaleb." How cute can he get? Out of all of the boys, Kaleb has an inherent rhythmic ability. The kid can dance. We have a lot of impromptu dance sessions in our kitchen. Kaleb generally steals the show! He is chalked full of personality and just a little bit of "crap" - he makes us laugh each and every day.

No comments: