Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hayden out to crush the competition in the world of elementary school....


Hayden, Hayden, Hayden...like his brothers he has a nickname, too. We (well, I should say his dad) has christened him: Hay-dawg. He is 7 years old, with the mind of a 30 year old - it is full! For as much as he would love to be like his dad, he is in complete awe of Justin, he tends to follow more in my footsteps. Which is to say, he worries a lot, loves as much as he can and is extremely thoughtful about life - both the good and the bad. What can I say, I think highly of myself, get over it! Luckily for Hayden, he is much more coordinated and athletically talented than his mother. He is a natural at whatever he tries - not just athletically. He is also extremely smart! He does so well in school! Also, he is quite the little engineer. He builds things out of paper, cardboard, legos, sticks and whatever else he can get his hands on. At 3, Hayden used to build the most incredible train tracks out of the wooden Thomas The Train sets. His tracks would include bridges and other intricate designs...it was amazing. Hayden has a love of football, too! He played quarter back (see Hayden's fall fiesta of football posting) this fall, on his football team. He scored at least 4 touchdowns (I can remember) and did an excellent job of leading his team. He is beyond the brainiac of the Furey Family! He is destined for some form of incredible success in life! I should know, I'm his mom!

No comments: